Friday, September 19, 2008

MOMA

So today I decided to go to MOMO to try to get some inspiration for the look of my piece and just some basic ideas. I also decided to get a year membership, which wasn't so expensive considering I get the student discount. Anyway, after spending a few hours there, I got the idea of having a minimalist and color field look to all the action that takes place above the water line. I envision the sky and water looking like a Rothko painting but where the horizon line where the sky and water meet just kind of blurs together. But once you get below the water line and under the ocean I picture that more like Pop Art, very cluttered and colorful. Not really sure if these two styles will meld together or if they will be appropriate for what I'm doing. I'm mostly worried that the Pop Art stylization will work.

No comments: