Sunday, November 9, 2008

Model Boat

So a couple weeks ago I think I might of written that I went searching for model boats at hobby shops in NYC. Needless to say I didn't find any. Last week, I was searching online for model fishing boats and I found this great place HobbyLinc and they had all sorts of model fishing boats, just the kind I was looking for. So I quickly placed my order.

Well yesterday my model fishing boat came in the mail. Now I just need to put it together. If your wondering what the plan is, well here it is. I plan on putting the model fishing boat together and then photographing it. I will either print that photograph and then xerox the print and cut that out and scan that and use it for my final art. Or I will trace the photograph and make a nice line drawing of the boat. I would trace the resulting line drawing multiple times and scan them all in and do a traditional type of cell animation with them. I'm still up in the air as to which route I'm going to take. Either way I think it's important that I have this physical model boat as reference and not just photos of boats I found on the internet.

No comments: