Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thesis Statement/Message/Target Audience/Mood

So, I'm finally writing down what my thesis statement is and what the message of my animation will be. I also took a stab at who my target audience is and the general mood of the piece is. These are just rough now but hopefully they will evolve into something a bit more concrete and solid.

Thesis Statement: For my thesis project, I will be creating a short 2d animated narrative. I will incorporate a collage technique to create the look of this piece, using hand drawn elements, cutouts and
photographed textures and elements.

Message: My piece has an evironmental message to it. The message I'm trying to get across is that just because we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Our trash and junk just doesn't disappear when the garbage men come and take it away, it ends up somewhere and sometimes it doesn't end up where it should go.

Target Audience: My target audience is young kids between the ages of 10-14. I'm trying to target kids who are just old enough to grasp the idea of over consumption, recycling, trash/junk and the idea of being environmental. Even though the piece is geared towards yound kids I'd still would like for adults to enjoy it and get something out of it.

Mood: The mood of my thesis is one of somber comedy. I would like the color palette of the piece to have a somber, subdued feel to it.

No comments: